Tired With Your Dark and Enclosed Rooms? Here Are Some Ways to Make Them Appear Spacious and Bright
Every homeowner wants to make their place the most desirable and comfortable as much as possible. But, it is very important to take note that the space and lighting are two factors to achieve what you want. Not all windows in your house are huge enough to make your interior bright. However, you can make use of few tips in maximizing the light coming in. Here are some things you should know.
1. One of the best things you can do is to choose a plain and light color for your wall. Using light colors make your interior brighter and bigger. Dark colors and busy patterns can make your space look more enclosed. You can maximize your space by using light, plain and smooth wall. To ensure that it will not appear very plain, you can decorate the room with the best accessories. Making your home look spacious and bright can help you when selling your house in the future. In the future, redecorating your home is not hard because plain white wall is likeable to everyone.
2. To let more light coming in, then consider replacing your windows and doors. For your door, you can change it with one having larger glass panels. It is also a good idea to have a sliding glass patio door. When it comes to your windows, you can ask some local window companies for some quotations. Changing your doors and windows with newer models don’t just make your room bright, but are also energy efficient. This makes spending some worth it.
3. Consider having large mirror in your room. This will not only bring in personality but also makes your room brighter. This can be achieved through positioning the mirror opposite to the window allowing the light to bounce around. Mirrors are a great addition in any of your room.
4. Carefully select blinds and curtains to be added. This time, you have to pick thinner curtains and blackout roller blind instead of thick curtains and blackout blinds. Making the room dark and bright will not take much of your time with blackout roller blinds on your windows. Using thin curtains allows you to add personality into your room without stopping the natural light to come in.
5. Add lamps and lights in the room. To make your room bright even when it’s already dark outside, you can have more light sources. You can have table lamps and floor lamps for larger rooms.
Using these tips, you can sure make your place more spacious and bright.